Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Spinning

I really need to get up to date on taking some pictures! Today, if it doesn't rain, I hope to play with Seven a bit. I decided that I am going to keep my synthetic saddle and use the reverse wedge under it with a shim also. Fits real well that way and also leaves room for his shoulders to move freely. I am currently spinning pink/blue dyed Border Leichester/Mohair on my wheel. Got two skeins to go and then it's being sent to Leslie's to try and sell it there. Also in this group of roving is pink/white BL/Mohair roving. Two skeins of each color, they are spinning up nicely. I did get to spin on my friend's great wheel last week and it was the best thing I ever did! It was so easy! Angie also got spinning on it and did great. Amanda, who never spins hardly at all, also gave it a try and was amazed on how she could spin a yarn as thin and even as we were!! She was excited!! On the garden note, all this rain has started buggin my tomato plants. Looks like I have blight! Grrrr! I need to get to talking to some people and see what to counter that with. The tomatoes are fist sized but green and I'd hate to lose them. The cukes are doing good so at least I don't have to worry about them. I hope that my one last pearl doe has found a home but I will need to see. I also still have the white buck from Autumn's litter to place because I don't think the gal that wanted him is serious about taking him.

No comments:

Post a Comment