Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bloggin'

Well here I am again. No photos this time but I have been diggin' information on the web. Last weekend I attended a seminar with a nutritionist. Found out lots of good stuff. I have since enbarked on a "new diet journey" and hope to live to tell about it. Now anybody that has seen me will wonder why I'm on a diet since I'm so small. I have revamped my eating habits so to speak and am trying to eat more healthy. The other thing people who know me will say is "how do you eat all that "junk" and stay so small??" I suppose I can give that to a high metabolism. But I have learned that you can look thin and still be unhealthy. Hence my journey begins with the nutritionist. I have very frequent headaches, like two a week, and when letting this out the nutritionist says "you need a liver detox". So in researching about the liver I found out quite a few amazing things... Excess amounts of sugar turns to alcohol in your liver. With me being a sugar junkie well that got me motivated. No more refined sugar! That means no more coffee. This is day three and I have no headache today. I still will be on a roller coaster with withdrawl symptoms but they will go away soon. Then I hope to have no more headaches ever!! I also found out that the liver is an amazing organ. It pretty much detoxifies lots of thing from your body. Stuff you put in it and stuff you breathe in.
I am very bad about not drinking water and I probably stay dehydrated alot of the time. Caffeine is a diuretic and will cause you to "pee" more than you should. That means no more coffee, soda, energy drinks, etc. and I need to drink more water! I have amazed myself with actually sticking to this plan. I am drinking some fruit juice also. No tea unless it has no sugar in it because I tend to overdo it. I can have honey but in moderation as well, it is a sugar just not a refined sugar. I also am taking a herbal tonic to help clean out my liver and gall bladder.You have to use a milk thistle combo or a liver tonic that has some beneficial herbs in it. Can't hurt. I'll let you know how I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment