Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back from SAFF

What a good time we had. I worked my butt off too!! Sherri sold 18 of the 21 rabbits she took to SAFF on Friday. Sherri breeds English and French angoras and always sells out at this show. We thought one was coming back with us but at the last minute he sold. She also sells yarn, fiber, knitted items and other things. I got a little time each day to look around but I still didn't see everything. I come home with a book and a magazine, some needle felting fiber in the colors I wanted, and some mohair to go with the carding combs I bought. I got a book on spinning novelty yarns and it also shows you how to blend different colors of fiber. I finished spinning and plying the suri alpaca last nite and started on the blue corriedale roving I have had for a while. I am going to try to create one of the novelty yarns I saw. Blue corriedale and grey mohair, just as an experiment to see if I can do it. I still need to get some carding done on Comet's fleece (alpaca) and I got more instruction on how to card better. I also came back from SAFF with another rabbit but Mirage will be going to a new home. She was taken in trade for my new red french angora doe. I will post some photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment